Being a professional web application development company we have found nine best backend frameworks developers can use for professional web development.
In the past few years, businesses have faced many challenges and have undergone huge changes. It will also not slow down in the year 2023 as new trends are rising now and then.
You might be wondering which is the most important business aspect that will assist you in staying ahead of the competition. Many people consider fast-tracked digital transformation, the safety of the supply chain, the best consumer experience, sustainability, etc.
But the primary ingredient for businesses to remain ahead in the market is a successful web application; you need strong backend development. It handles the business logic and ensures the front-end development is perfectly integrated and supplied by considering every project’s purpose and vision. Backend frameworks are important programming possessions that developers have today.
Undoubtedly, web development practices are slowly shifting towards the user and catering to their requirements and visual choices. But the backend is something where all the magic takes place. Without proper backend support, all mobile or web applications will lack responsiveness, scalability and required functionality. It focuses on the app’s architecture and acts like a bridge between the database and the front end.
The backend is like a website’s engine, where developers describe the website’s functionality. A good backend framework offers the best patterns, tools and practices for generating a website backend. Simply, it describes how data must be stored, handled and probed.
In this article, you will learn about the 10 best backend frameworks you can consider for developing a strong backend and speeding up your web development process.
So, let’s get started…
What is Backend Framework?
A backend framework, also called a server-side framework, is a collection of various gadgets and modules that helps in creating a website plan. Mainly it affects the web application’s presentation and helps make the task easy and useful for developers.
Importance of Backend Frameworks for Web Development
With the backend framework, a developer’s productivity increases as it offers a proper structure for web development and a library of various tools and modules that one can use in different projects. This helps in saving time, as developers will not have to search for the tools and modules for any task.
Increases Code Quality
The backend framework encourages best practices and enhances code quality. It is so because the framework executes structure on a code that helps prevent bad coding practices from coming in. Moreover, a good framework is available with in-build testing tools, which helps ensure that the code created meets the required quality standard.
Decreased Development Time
Backend frameworks help decrease web development time by offering a ready-to-use structure for any application and tools and modules for use in the projects. This helps save time while setting up any project right from the beginning or configuring the existing things.
Backend frameworks help make it easy to develop measurable applications but offer various features like caching and load balancing. Moreover, many frameworks are also available with straight measurability in mind, making it very easy to add servers to any application as required.
9 Best Backend Frameworks for Web Development
Now that you have got some idea of what is back end framework and how it benefits your business and your developing team, let’s know about some of the top backend frameworks for web development that will prevail in the future.
1. ASP.NET Core
- It needs minimum coding.
- One potential benefit is that it enhances performance, making it one of the clear backend frameworks for web development.
While developing web or mobile applications for Windows users, this framework ASP.NET Core offers one of the best architectures.
It is an open-source backend framework following the model-view-controller architecture pattern. It is available in Python language, and it primarily focuses on the development of database–driven complicated websites. If you want a website that gives high performance, then Django is one of the best solutions.
- It is easily measurable. The codes are reusable, making it easy for developers to adjust to the increasing traffic on the website easily.
- It is SEO based, and the websites built with this are easy to optimize. As it is a popular framework, it has a very strong community that supports all who use the tool.
- Even if Django is a no-code framework, it is not code oriented and has some no-code abilities. There are many packages that programmers can use without even writing any code.
Django is considered best for developing a database-driven website and is the most prevailing backend framework.
Laravel is one of the best choices for the PHP backend framework. It has been designed mainly for web applications that are symphony based. With Laravel, you can focus well on backend development.
- This framework provides various security features and makes use of algorithms for creating tough passwords that assist them in being safe.
- Laravel provides widgets such as JS code, and CSS in addition to PHP.
- It shines in complicated project creation.
- One of the best features of Laravel is the presence of open API with the SwiftMailer library.
Laravel can be best for beginners, but it becomes complex when the matter is about handling simple projects. It is best for expert developers who wish to work on some difficult projects.
4. Ruby on Rails
This framework is popular because of its full-stack abilities and easy-to-use features. It mainly focuses on developing web applications more simply than before by decreasing complicated work. Ruby on Rails offers components, and you can focus on important things like codes. It is a famous backend framework that helps developers during programming with utmost ease, libraries and preset testing.
- It is adaptable and reliable as it offers developers full control of their projects, allowing them to find out how an application database must function.
It is a framework that is best for fresher because of its ease of use.
A Node.js framework that a developer can use to build APIs and web apps. It is a MEAN stack component and includes Angular JS front-end and NoSQL database. Moreover, it is recognized as one of the top-notch frameworks for developing online applications.
- It makes use of full-stack JS features, and for this reason, there is no need to depend on different developers for the backend and front end. Using it not only helps in saving time but also saves money. It offers good performance.
It is a backend framework that makes web development very easy as it offers a scaffold or code that a developer can use to develop web applications. It trails MVC architecture and is accessible under an MIT license.
- It is highly measurable.
- It is suitable for a simple project.
Suppose you have some experience in the PHP backend framework. In that case, this framework, Cake PHP, can offer the required architecture for building php web applications and is one of the safe backend frameworks.
It is a WSGI framework that mainly runs a web server instead of a user browser. A lot of recent applications are running on this framework because it facilitates them in creating personalized projects that function at a very smooth pace. It helps in feature-added extensions, which makes them appear as if they were developed directly with Flask.
- You will get an in-build server with Flask that helps debug and allows programmers to use Python code in the browser when there is some wrong with running requests.
- When Flask is used as back- end framework, it becomes easy for developers to set up web servers.
- Flask makes it easy to develop Python-based applications.
A developer having familiarity with Python-based framework can use Flask very easily. It is an appropriate backend framework if you want to focus more on server-side web development.
8. Spring Boot
- It is measurable and comes with some sister projects that boost its performance.
- As it is built with the highly used programming language Java, it is perfectly linked and has a big support database.
- If you are well aware of Java-Script, then Spring Boot is most suitable for backend web development.
- Koa: Koa is a nominal, open source and reliable Node.js backend framework. Because of the use of async functions, Koa can easily remove all call-backs and highly enhances error handling. It offers users access to various rapid server writing methods and is free from common middleware.
- It is customizable, reliable and measurable.
- It helps in developing a web application in less time
- It focuses on the browser to help in rendering and templating easily.
- It is an ideal framework for developers with Node.Js knowledge.
It is one of the best open-source frameworks, and an innovative web application platform written in Elixir and Erlang. It uses Elixir programming language with a syntax close to Ruby and Erlang VM for flexible, error-tolerating applications. It provides support to some real-time client communication through agnostic channels and WebSocket.
- It provides concurrency and the capability to run various processes combined.
- It is versatile, and users will not have to deal with a complex messaging system for managing cache layers.
What to Consider while Choosing a Backend Framework?
Any language or structure is enough for web application development, but some of them, along with frameworks, are good for some specified cases. Here are a few cases:
- Suppose a software is quite analytical and needs processing of large volumes of data and involves AI learning models, then for them, frameworks like Python, Django and Flask are good.
- If you are looking for a communication infrastructure, then Erlang or Elixir is best.
- That software that needs constant functioning in the background for them frameworks like Node.Js, Java or .Net is good.
- Python and PHP are the best solutions for small and medium size applications.
- It is very important to pay attention to the expertise of a team instead of the fact of how popular the framework or the language is. For example, if the developer has ideas on PHP and can design the actual application, then using Node.Js is not preferable. Here, Sails.Js is the perfect framework.
- Another important thing to consider is the ease and clearness of reading and functioning with the code. When a high-clarity code is created, the new team will not find it difficult to adapt to the project.
Lastly, the concerned person must consider what the project and the team want from a backend framework.
There are many potential backend frameworks for web development, each with imperious features and traits. Choosing the best among them depends on project specifications and the developer’s expertise. When you know some of the best backend frameworks, select the one that suits best for your project.